Followers

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

3 surefire ways to waste gas

I have been reading an awful lot of stories regarding two wheeled motorcycles or scooters as a better way to deal with the high gas prices. I total disagree after all its only money right? Here are 3 simples steps that you can follow to waste as much gas as possible when riding a motorcycle.

2004 Suzuki Hayabusa

1) Get yourself a big fast motorycycle that has some engine work done to it. Do not go for a slow economical scooter that gets great gas mileage that runs on 87 Octane. My choice is my bike in the photo above. I have a 2004 Suzuki Hayabusa that has a big bore kit in it, all the smog stuff has been removed, and I have taken the stock header off and put a pipe on it. This motorcycle sucks gas down like nobodies business. This bike is bored out to 1350CC which is a great gas hog and needs to run premium gas instead of lower octane which is cheaper.

The best way to waste gas is to find the most expensive gas possible


2) Next find a gas station that has high gas prices. The best I was able to do was $4.99 a gallon and there are higher prices out there but I wanted to do some riding so I settled. If I looked harder I probably could have found something in the $5.07 range or something like that.

A big group of motorcycle riders is a great way to get somebody to do something stupid.

3) Get a group of idiotic friends together that also enjoy wasting money on gas and don’t care about the law. Preferably a group of friends that also have Hayabusa’s but they key is a good sized group. The purpose here is everybody like to show off in a group. You encourage eachother to do things like high speed runs at 180MPH on the freeway, Wheelies, Burnouts and basically racing your bike everywhere you go. This is a great way to waste gas.

Now there are a few things to consider and I kind of contradicted myself a bit. When I mentioned not carrying about that law I didn’t mean go to Beverly Hills and act like a jackass and get a ticket for sure, you need to go down into the hood. My choice is in the Inglewood, Compton and Venice Area’s in Los Angeles, California. You can get away with alot more stuff here because the cops are usually busier busting crackheads and people doing heavier criminal activities than the ones you are about to engage in.

This first video clip shows Hayabusa’s going at it on the 105 freeway. The video is a little sketchy because I was filming while hanging on with one hand and I had to dodge a car. I would say by the time these guys where at full speed they were well over 180MPH wide open which is a great way to suck down gas. Also at the end of the clip my friend is doing a wheelie which is another good gas burner.

This second video clip shows what a good pack of friends looks like and when you have a good pack like this you are guaranteed to have some good gas wasting going on.

This third video clip has a couple good burnouts from me and my friend. When you are smoking your tires and hitting the rev limiter in 2nd gear you are pushing the bike to the limit thus burning maximum gas.Well that is all the information that I can give you on making your motorcycle as inefficient as possible when you are riding it during a gas crisis. Always ride safe and with a friend, don’t get a ticket and make sure everybody comes home in one piece. Safety First!

Original here

No comments: